Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 689A microphone

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,
    You can find a universal mount at the following.
    And elastic shock mount also.

    http://www.zzounds.com/item--MUPMY200


    .................................................. .

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Larry123's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2003
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you Convergence, hope your convergence is adjusted properly.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Larry123's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2003
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a 689A that I use and like the sound of. Looking for Slip -on adapter #13798 and or shock mount made for this model. Anyone?? have that is not needed??? Thanks.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think it's time to prep the owner for another set, L.H.F., hear that HV squeal near the flyback?
    Possibly the result of excessive head insertion in a degaussing coil.... forums

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Larry123's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2003
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks to all for the info. Have good Xmas& New year. LHF

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    You won't find the exact same mount : discontinued a long time ago. Your best bet is a universal mount or a mount from another brand that has the same diameter as the Altec Mic.

    http://www.zzounds.com/item--RHTMC2

    http://www.zzounds.com/item--MUPMY100

    http://www.zzounds.com/item--AUTAT8410A


    ............................................


    The Audio Technica Spring mount will take a Mic with .66 inch in diameter.

    If that does not fit I don't think wou will find a better studio mount.

    ................................................

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    The diameter of your Mic at the head is 1 1/2 inch. If your looking for studio mount this model fron Audio Technica will go from less than 1Inch
    to over 2 inch.

    Like I said Altec is discontinued You will have to find a similar product or eaven better.

    http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/wi...d81/index.html

    ...............................................

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member donaldpatten's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    The 689A adapter fits 683, 684, 685, 688, & 689 mic's
    The adapter comes in black # 13798 , or brown # 13799.
    I have a brown adapter I could send you...
    What I recommend is the new SHURE SM58 ADAPTER.
    IT WORKS GREAT and will not crack & break.
    SHURE also has an air filled rubber donut adapter for the SM57 & 58 that makes a great SHOCK MOUNT.
    I use it at Church to isolate the HAVC vibrations
    Don

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.